If you have ever had experience with more than one type of physio you might know that the profession encompasses a variety of specialty areas. Like medicine, it is important to seek out the right professional with the right set of skills to help you with your problem. You wouldn’t see an orthopaedic surgeon for a heart transplant would you? Likewise, the physio you see for a rolled ankle will be different to the physio your grandfather sees after heart surgery, or your baby sees for a developmental assessment.
GLOW Physio provides physiotherapy services exclusively to women, so we must be Women’s Health Physios, right? Well, this is where it can become confusing..
What are women’s health physios?
Women’s Health physiotherapists have postgraduate training in treating conditions that affect the life stages of pregnancy, post-partum, lactation and menopause. Many WH physios specialise in treating pelvic pain and pelvic floor dysfunction.
What does GLOW Physio treat?
We specialise in treating all conditions affecting women. Often these are the same as those affecting men, like:
- back and neck pain
- knee and ankle injuries
- shoulder pain
And some are not seen in men at all, or are much more common in women. Such as:
- pregnancy-related pain
- abdominal separation after pregnancy
- pelvic floor dysfunction*
* GLOW does not specialise in treating complicated pelvic floor dysfunction and pelvic pain. In fact, if you need very specific pelvic floor assessment, we will always refer you on to one of our wonderful WH physio colleagues because they specialise in just this and so are very good at treating it!
Why should women choose GLOW physio?
- Because we get women.
- We understand how women’s bodies are different to men’s and how the demands placed on them are different.
- We know which injuries are more common in women and why and how that will affect your rehab.
- We enjoy treating women! We love to see women prioritising their own health and wellbeing, because we know its not just you who benefits when you do.